the book of jon

This blog is a tribute to a son, a fighter, a friend, an inspiration, a symbol of hope, a scion of unflinching determination, a child of the world who has touched so many of us in so many ways. This is for you Jonathan Byron Gan.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Jon's 3rd Memorial






It's been three years since Jon left for the great gig in the sky. And still I say, not one day passes by that we don't feel him or think about him or see things that remind us of him. I say that in my 2009 Memorial speech, because as a human being in this world, I want to be remembered and I want for my loved ones not to forget me, as such I strive to do in my lifetime, things that people (let alone my loved ones) will remember me by. Being forgotten means being insignificant, being unloved, unwanted. For now, as a living being I shall hold on to that belief and keep remembering my son. It is not difficult to remember Jon, in fact it's impossible to forget as he is woven into all of us, his family. I see him sometimes as I gaze at Zane or Summer, I see him everytime I see a Boy Scout, a footballer, a scholar, a gentleman, a young man of 19 setting out to start his journey in this world, anyone in a wheelchair, a cane, a cancer patient or simply any brave person.

How can I forget you Jon?



P/s Thank you Chyen for being with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home