the book of jon

This blog is a tribute to a son, a fighter, a friend, an inspiration, a symbol of hope, a scion of unflinching determination, a child of the world who has touched so many of us in so many ways. This is for you Jonathan Byron Gan.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas is here again..


It's hard not to think about Jon during Christmas. It's his favourite time of the year, what with presents to buy, the christmas tree to be put up and the design of the menu for the grand gathering at Christmas eve dinner, usually hosted by us. Jon will be involved at every stage of the preparation. He would comment, suggests, poke fun and we have serious discussions on what to do, and what not to do. I do miss him.

It has been difficult since Jon left but I try to move on in the best way I know how, taking one day at a time. Making tiny steps each day to a place of where peace and comfort could be found.

This year we will be Uncle Mike's, and this year, like in so many, I will be roasting the turkey with the stuffing with the cakes. Summer have been contributing much, almost stepping into the shoes of Jon, holding me, supporting me in the preparations.

Yes, I should be blessed with the love I am surrounded with. Still it has not been easy. Whatever...

Have a very merry Christmas, and you always be blessed with God's grace and mercy in this perfectly imperfect world.

I love you Jon for always being near. Merry Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home