the book of jon

This blog is a tribute to a son, a fighter, a friend, an inspiration, a symbol of hope, a scion of unflinching determination, a child of the world who has touched so many of us in so many ways. This is for you Jonathan Byron Gan.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Best Ever Christmas gift!

I had wanted to edit my earlier post of the shooting star to revise it to say that the sighting, or if you like, the gift sighting of the giant shooting star. I needed to say, to express that the sighting indeed was my best Christmas gift. Ever!

Some people say that those whom we love who have left us can help us better where they are then when they were with us. They can do more even when we don't see them, even when we can't touch them. It's true, unconditional love need not even a physical presence. And it is also true that love is like the wind, you can't see it, but you can feel it.

In my case I saw a shooting start. Not only was it big and its image, now entrenched in my mind and heart, I also felt it's giant presence when it happened.

Thank you Jon for the best gift ever!
Merry Christmas Jon!

I love you.

1 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger vid. said...

hey aunty aggie,
nice post:)
really sorry we couldn't meet up recently, but I'm pretty sure we will soon.
hope you had fun in Jakarta!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home