the book of jon

This blog is a tribute to a son, a fighter, a friend, an inspiration, a symbol of hope, a scion of unflinching determination, a child of the world who has touched so many of us in so many ways. This is for you Jonathan Byron Gan.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Uncle Michael & Uncle Sonny

Michael Lee sent this very apt poem for us in honour of Jon;

“Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am the thousand winds that blow
I am the diamonds glints on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle Autumn rain
When you awaken in the morning, Hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds' encircled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there. I did not die.”
~ Author Unknown ~

And Uncle Sonny was the person who introduced us to The Race, now consoles us with;

The Final Race

Cry your tears of sorrow,
Then lay your tears aside;
Don't weep for me forever,
Nor in your sorrow hide.

For I am more alive today,
Than I ever was before;
I am just one heartbeat from you,
On the other side of the door.

To a new life full and free;
Because of Christ,
I've run the race,
And now have victory.

So don't stand there and weep for me,
My battle now is won;
Pick up your helmet, sword and shield,
You have a race to run.

- Allison Chambers Coxsey -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home