the book of jon

This blog is a tribute to a son, a fighter, a friend, an inspiration, a symbol of hope, a scion of unflinching determination, a child of the world who has touched so many of us in so many ways. This is for you Jonathan Byron Gan.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Au Revoir

To Jonathan Byron Gan, the most beautiful person to ever grace the earth
You were always one of a kind. Ever the individual, I remember that you were never afraid to hide your sensitivity and that's a truly difficult trait for a person to freely express to others. Being the frustrating cynic that you were, you would refuse to back down from a good argument, never letting the other party win. As annoying as that seemed, I was glad that I finally had someone who could carry on an intelligent conversation with, who wouldn't shy away from the slightest ego-blowing remark.
Darling Jon, remembering our three-way conversations with Sarah never fail to put a smile on my face. All the girls would gush at how beautiful your voice was. You singing 'Fly Me To The Moon' and 'Que Sera Sera' would forever remain indelible in my memory.
I remember that we only got closer after I 'accidentally' found out about your innocent crush on a pretty little someone =). Your poems amaze me then, and would continue to amaze more people as time passes on.
I'm glad your life culminated gorgeously as it did. You had a loving family, great friends and the most beautiful soul a person could ever have. I will forever miss your presence in my life, as you were truly the only guy friend who understood.
I'm glad you left peacefully. I'll miss you but I'm glad.
Au Revoir darling Jon.
Much Love,
Khalida=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home