the book of jon

This blog is a tribute to a son, a fighter, a friend, an inspiration, a symbol of hope, a scion of unflinching determination, a child of the world who has touched so many of us in so many ways. This is for you Jonathan Byron Gan.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sarah in April

Jonathan Gan Ye Zhan

I don't know if you know
What you already should.
See, God gave you a blow
And you dealt it what you could.

Not far from where I stand
I can't comprehend
The guts you have in you
Cos I wish I had them too

I don't say this everyday
Ok, maybe in a different way...
Jon, you're the hottest guy I ever met
That's a compliment, don't you forget

You're ten times the guy you see when you wake
Cos...boy, you went through hell and you didn't break
You made me shiver and made me chatter
You also nearly made me shatter.

Like a knight riding into battle
Without the armour made of metal
Your heart was all you needed
and in the end look you've succeeded.
I never had a doubt you would
cos once again, you gave it all that you could

words can't tell you how proud I am
of you handling it like a man
I'm beyond relief
would you believe...
that everything's clear
And we've got naught to fear

Love you lots Jon, from a friend to another
My strong,brave, mighty big brother

Sarah Tiong, 12.20.18am 21 April 2006
Sarah was a constant source of hope and companionship for Jon as well as the family throughout our journey. Her brand of optimism and zest for life was always welcome in our home together with her mum Pearly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home