the book of jon

This blog is a tribute to a son, a fighter, a friend, an inspiration, a symbol of hope, a scion of unflinching determination, a child of the world who has touched so many of us in so many ways. This is for you Jonathan Byron Gan.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Matthew

2 August 2006

Dear Jon, (aka longjohn {in scouts})
This is Matthew here. I have to say you’re certainly probably the most positive thinking guy I’ve met. I remember the times when I was faultering with sprinting. I was to the extent that even I lost confidence in myself, however, there you go standing up for me without secound thoughts, without hesitation. I thank you for the trust you have in me at those moments.

I somehow have mixed feelings at the moment. I sure am sad but thinking back, I am glad with the fact I met you. I would certainly be happy if you would stand up once again and remain a part of us. Therefore, it would be good if you keep ur ultra positive attitude and continue your venture to succeed against hard times.

I certainly wish I could do something to reduce your sufferings and I am sure many others would do the same as well. So, take it easy as time passes. Stand up when you’re ready. For when ever it may be, we’ll be there to see.

Matthew

p/s your mum’s great. Be proud of that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home