the book of jon

This blog is a tribute to a son, a fighter, a friend, an inspiration, a symbol of hope, a scion of unflinching determination, a child of the world who has touched so many of us in so many ways. This is for you Jonathan Byron Gan.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Teach...on 9 Aug

9th August 2006

Teacher Shanti, one of Jon's favourite persons, had become one of the regulars in our home, she wrote this piece on the day hours before Jon left us



Hi there Jon,

Teach here…the one who’s still looking for Mr. Right. Something just come to my mind and I thought I’d pen it down before I lose the thought or the moment of inspiration.

As pals become closer,
And time slips away…
We seldom express,
What our hearts would say-

But Jonathan Gan-
Oh Gift of God…somehow
I’m hoping and I’m praying-
That you know what my heart
Continually says;

That you’re much loved,
That you’re much treasured,
That there’s a reason for your presence on Earth,
That I want you back in school-
In my class so that we can rejoice with laughter,
So that I can read your thoughts on paper
(I miss correcting and editing your essays).

So that I can tell you just how…
How wonderful your mum and dad are as care-givers as parents-

You are indeed the Gift of God, Jon.
Love you loads.

Teach Shanti

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home