the book of jon

This blog is a tribute to a son, a fighter, a friend, an inspiration, a symbol of hope, a scion of unflinching determination, a child of the world who has touched so many of us in so many ways. This is for you Jonathan Byron Gan.

Friday, February 09, 2007

6 Months on



Give me a whisper
And give me a sigh

Give me a kiss before you
tell me goodbye
Don't you take it so hard now
And please don't take it so bad
I'll still be thinkin' of you
And the times we had...baby

Don't Cry- Guns & Roses



Six month's have passed. What is the concept of time when yours is the moment?
Miss you we do but there is so much to cherish of you every single day, and we do. You are seldom far from our thoughts son.
Six month's on. You keep us going like the rising sun each day and me on even keel.

And we just got the Guns & Roses CD back from the Liews tonight. It was one of Jon's favourite CD and in fact now I know why he performed their cover version of 'Knocking on Heaven's Door' at his school campfire.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger spiderbear said...

And here's another nugget of wisdom from St. Axel himself:

"We could take the time to lay it on the line, I could rest my head just knowing that you are mine..."

If we never risk it all, how would we know what we missed at all?

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Jules. said...

I heard Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here while I was in UK, and I couldn't help but think of you.

Too many songs remind me of you. I miss the days we used to spend hours exchanging songs. It's amazing how you could have the exact same taste in music as me while others cringe whenever they hear my songs play.

I miss those days. I miss you.

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground,
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home